By Samantha Hemingway
Lobster Benedict is a lobster-inspired spin on Eggs Benedict, the traditional American breakfast or brunch dish. Eggs Benedict consists of an English muffin topped with a poached egg, bacon or ham, and hollandaise sauce. First popularized in New York City, many variations on the basic recipe are served.
My dad and I absolutely love Eggs Benedict, so I decided to make us Lobster Benedicts with the following recipe. It was so fun to cook for him, my mom, uncles, and aunt. My little cousin Kaitlyn even helped me cook! My dad made everyone his world-famous Bloody Marys, which paired perfectly with the meal. It was a Saturday morning well spent!
Lobster & Mascarpone Lemon Sauce Pasta
- Total: 45 minutes
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1-pound cooked lobster meat (Use promo code: ManathasKitchen to get 10% off your order from Lobsters-Online.Com)
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted (I used Cabot butter!)
- Dash of paprika
- Salt & pepper Hollandaise Sauce
- 1 cup butter melted (I used Cabot butter!)
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon, juiced
- 1 egg Poached Eggs
- 8 cups water
- 8 eggs Additional Ingredients
- English muffins, halved (I used Vermont Bread Company English muffins!)
- A handful of fresh sautéed spinach
- Turn on broiler.
- Place lobster meat on baking sheet.
- Top with melted butter, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Broil for 4-5 minutes. Hollandaise Sauce
- In a food processor, blend the egg, mustard and lemon juice.
- Once blended add ingredients to a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the butter. Poached Eggs
- Boil 8 cups of water in a large saucepan.
- Swirl/stir the water with a large spoon.
- Carefully add the eggs one at a time.
- Remove from water and set aside. Assembling the Lobster Benedict
- Toast English muffins
- Top with sliced tomato, optional
- Place lobster on top of spinach.
- Place the poached egg on top of the lobster.
- Add the hollandaise sauce to the top.
Check out Manthas Kitchen Blog. for more delicious recipes.