My Cart: 0 item(s)
By Samantha Hemingway
Prepare a mouth-watering, nutritious meal with this easy lobster risotto recipe. Lobster meat is a great source of protein, providing 28 grams of protein per cup. It’s also a simple way to incorporate heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids into your diet. If you don’t add butter, lobsters aren't fattening. Three and a half ounces of lobster only has 96 calories and about two grams of fat!
- Total: 1 hour
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 pounds cooked lobster meat
- 1-pound asparagus, trimmed
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided (I used Cabot)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 32 ounces (6 cups) lobster or chicken stock
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Parsley, for garnish
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Trim off the end of the asparagus. Lay on a baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 18-20 minutes.
- In a medium pot, heat the 6 cups of the lobster or chicken stock on low.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt half the stick of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When the butter has melted, add the onion. Season with salt and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the arborio rice. Stir and make sure to coat all the grains of rice in fat. Add the zest of the lemon and ½ the juice.
- Slowly start adding the stock, 1 cup at a time. Stir until the stock is absorbed then add another cup. Continue this process until the rice plumps up. When the rice is al dente, it's done. Turn the heat to low.
- When the risotto is ready, add the rest of the butter and parmesan cheese. Stir until the butter and cheese have melted. Stir in the lobster meat.
- Serve garnished with asparagus and parsley.
Check out Manthas Kitchen Blog. for more delicious recipes.