By Samantha Hemingway
Lobster tacos are a delicious dish that provide a surprising amount of nutritional value. Many studies suggest that consuming more fish and shellfish decreases the risk of obesity, diabetes, and heart disease while promoting healthy cholesterol levels.
Fish and shellfish such as lobster are especially important for providing omega-3 fatty acids, which are found in very few foods. A three-ounce portion of wild lobster is estimated to provide 200 to 500 milligrams of omega-3.
Although the fatty acid content in lobster is not the highest among fish and shellfish, it is still a considerable source of these important nutrients. Follow the recipe below to prepare your own lobster tacos and begin experiencing the health benefits yourself.
- Total: 45 minutes
- Prep: 35 minutes
- Cook: 10-12 minutes
- Yield: 3 to 4 servings
- 1-pound cooked lobster meat
- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 tablespoons pico de gallo
- 1 avocado, diced
- 8 teaspoons lime roasted poblano cream
- Red cabbage, cabbage or lettuce for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray poblano pepper with olive oil and roast for 10-12 minutes.
- For the lime roasted poblano cream, place all ingredients in a food processor, and blend well.
- Season lobster meat with lime and black pepper, to taste.
- Heat the tortillas directly over the flame.
- To assemble, top each tortilla with avocado, Pico de Gallo, lobster meat, lime roasted poblano cream, and garnish with cabbage or lettuce.
Check out Manthas Kitchen Blog. for more delicious recipes.