Fettuccine & Lobster Cream Sauce
By Samantha Hemingway
- 2 10-12-ounce lobster tails
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped, plus more to garnish
- 1⁄2 cup half & half or heavy cream
- 6 ounces fettuccine, cooked
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and keep water at a gentle boil — stronger than a simmer, but weaker than a rolling boil. Add lobster tails and boil until tails are bright red and the meat turns white and tender. Each tail should take about 1 minute per ounce to cook.
- Keep the water to one side for cooking the pasta.
- Using kitchen shears, cut through the membrane on the underside of each lobster tail and remove lobster meat. Finally, put the meat in the fridge to cool..
- Heat the oil in a sauté́ pan over medium heat, then add the garlic and shallots. When they are turning translucent and soft, stir in the tomato paste and the chopped tomatoes and stir for 3 minutes. Then add the and chicken broth. Pour in the cream and continue cooking on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut the lobster meat into bite-sized pieces, then add to the sauce and cook for a further 5 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in the reserved lobster salted water. Drain in a colander and add the pasta to the saucepan, toss over a low heat for about 3 minutes until the sauce coats the pasta.
- Sprinkle extra parsley.
Check out Manthas Kitchen Blog. for more delicious recipes.