By Samantha Hemingway
- Total: 20 minutes
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 8-10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- 2 10-12-ounce shell-on lobsters (Use promo code: ManathasKitchen to get 10% off your order from Lobsters-Online.Com)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Dash of paprika
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- Using kitchen shears, cut through the membrane on the underside of each lobster tail to expose meat.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter with lemon juice and lemon zest over very low heat, just enough to keep it in liquid form. Added chives to the mixture.
- Baste the top of the lobster tails with lemon-chive butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place lobster tails on a broiler pan or rimmed baking sheet about 6-9 inches away from the broiler coils while keeping a watchful eye. Broil for approximately 6-10 minutes. Time will vary greatly depending on the size of the lobster tail, your oven and distance from the heating mechanism. Lobster tails are done when the meat has turned an opaque white and the shells are brilliant red.
- Remove and serve immediately with a starch and vegetable.
Check out Manthas Kitchen Blog. for more delicious recipes.