With New England and New York in the Super Bowl for 2012, it is only fitting that everyone’s favorite East Coast fare be part of the super celebration. Yes, we are talking about lobster; lots of fresh, great tasting Maine lobster for a Super Bowl lobster dinner.
Saturday delivery of live lobster is now available in most parts of the country. So even if you are sitting out there in Kansas, you can still be part of the New England lead up. Order the lobster online and have them delivered right to your house. Live Maine lobster can now be part of Super Bowl celebrations all across the country.
Easy to Prepare
Keep it simple with a traditional boiled lobster recipe. Boiled Maine lobster is easy to prepare, fun to serve and will be a big hit with the guests. After all, how often do the New England Patriots and the New York Football Giants play one another in the Super Bowl? (You don’t have to answer that.)
After all, how often do the New England Patriots and the New York Football Giants play one another in the Super Bowl?
Yes, with this second time around, the New York–Boston rivalry is alive and well. So why not celebrate this East Coast championship match by ordering the New England eight-lobster special.
When the lobster arrives on Saturday, you may keep them overnight by adding some wet newspapers and frozen gel packs to the carton. Don’t take them out of the carton to play with. It is important they stay cool and moist until ready to cook. If it’s below freezing outside, don’t leave the lobster in the box outside either.
When ready to prepare, just follow the directions for traditional boiled lobster:
- 8 1 ¼ pound live lobsters
- Sea Salt
- Two gallons water
- Two pounds melted butter
- Two fresh whole lemons
- Add water to large pot or kettle and bring to a roiling boil
- Add four table spoons sea salt
- Place live lobsters head first into pot and cover
- Stir lobster occasionally to move bottom lobsters to top so the lobsters will cook evenly
- Cook for 12 to 13 minutes until bright red (do not over cook as meat will toughen). Give the antenna on one of the lobsters a yank. If it pulls off easily, the lobsters are done.
- When cooked properly the lobster meat will have turned from translucent to white
- Remove the cooked lobster and allow to drain for one minute.
- Serve with melted butter and lemon wedges on the side
Eating the lobster begins by twisting off the claws and the tail and cracking the shell to get at the meat. Providing your guests with traditional lobster bib kits makes the job easy; the the kits come with handy eating instructions.
To round out your lobster dinner, consider adding some traditional prepared lobster fare like a Maine lobster pizza or fresh steamer clams and oysters.
Enjoy the game!
© Wayne Howe 2012